Unable to input the password to Create a new SQL Server Logins for the database in Configuration Wizard as it is greyed out, and even unable to use other options as I get different error messages.

Hello Everyone,

I'm having a weird issue, I'm not sure if the approach is correct or wrong, as I'm completely new to OIM, and this is happening while creating new SQL Server Logins for the administrator in Configuration Wizard.

Version: 9.1.0.30, One Identity

We have set up the servers in the following manner:

1) Application/Web Server

2) Job Server

As per the installation, it said that I need to use an Administrative Workstation.

So, I installed the client tools in Job Server, and run my autorun.exe, and was able to install OIM components. 

While running through the Configuration Wizard, I just got stuck. 

Steps to Reproduce, from where I'm getting the error message.

1) Click on Configuration Wizard

2) Create and Install Database

3) Connection Information: Server, User ID, and password

4) Create a database

5) Select the configuration modules

6) When creating a new SQL Server Logins for Administrators, by default I can see OneIM_Admin, but the password sections are greyed out, meaning, I can't input the password and confirm the password.

NOTE: Earlier My colleague tried to install with the same DB name OneIM, but it got errors, so deleted the OIM database from the configuration wizard.

7) So, I asked my colleague to share the credentials and use the second option in the configuration wizard to see if it works (User an existing Server Login), which worked, and when clicked next it said Processing Database.

8) Immediately, I got an error Processing Step 'QBM Type Definition 2 with memory_optimized (Type Definition 2 with memory_optimized)' failed.

9) Once, I click OK, on the error, it gives another message, an error occurred updating the database. Correct functionality can no longer be guaranteed. To prevent further problems, the DB will remain in maintenance mode and internal processing is disabled. Check out the errors and restore a backup of the database.

My question is when the DB is completely uninstalled, why are these error messages, and if the DB already exists, it shouldn't allow me to create with the same name OneIM as the Database.

Please let me know, how I should proceed forward in this situation. 

Looking forward to your feedback.

Regards,

Srikar