This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Manager - Idiots Guide to Creating a Report Workflow

Quest Gurus,

I need some help in setting up a report workflow for attestation. Basically, our current setup will simply run an attestation build for each of the apps we have added to Q1 but once the user approves or denies someone, nothing happens. We are currently NOT wanting to use the auto-provision functions because there are too many variables in some of those provisioning steps. Instead, I would simply like a report to be generated that shows who was approved and by whom that we can take to internal audit. Based off my limited understanding of workfows, I have already created an approval workflow but I have not created a report workflow. I think I have to build a report workflow and add it to the approval policy or procedure.

Is this correct? If so, how might I accomplish this? If someone has a link to a step by step, that would be awesome. Thanks!

Parents
  • Hi Dave

I need something like "Go Here, Click this and that, make this change here, validate there and your report is ready". There is NO SUCH thing like this for anything in Q1.

Of course there is nothing like that in the manuals of Q1IM for the configuration part. This would require the knowledge of WHAT EXACTLY you want to report.

The basic way would be:

1. Identify the ObjectType you want to do the report on from the Q1IM database. In your case this might be AttestationCase but maybe something else as well. This is absolutely depending on your specific requirement.

2. Identify the condition of the objects out of that object type you want to report on. You want a report over all database entries? Then it would be appropriate to do that using a SQL Collection. You want just a certain amount of objects? Might be a SQL Collection as well. You want to report on an specific object? Use the object query module. You want to report on up to n objects including history? Use the History of Objects module.

3. Identify the variables of your import (might be in conjunction with 2 as the variables might be part of your condition) and define those

4. Design your report in the nearly-WYSIWYG editor.

You'll see, there are too mucvh moving targets to provide a "Go Here, Click this and that, make this change here, validate there and your report is ready"-documentation or manual. This is really completely up to your specific requirement.

As far as i do understand your overall requirement, the report wouldn't be a part of the workflow at all. It would be an output on all attestations after those are done or whenever which might be pulled by whomever in whatever interface. You're next challenge might be the report distribution as there are also various ways to do that. The recommended way would be report subscriptions as mentioned by Geraldine before.

HTH

Carsten

• Hi Dave

I need something like "Go Here, Click this and that, make this change here, validate there and your report is ready". There is NO SUCH thing like this for anything in Q1.

Of course there is nothing like that in the manuals of Q1IM for the configuration part. This would require the knowledge of WHAT EXACTLY you want to report.

The basic way would be:

1. Identify the ObjectType you want to do the report on from the Q1IM database. In your case this might be AttestationCase but maybe something else as well. This is absolutely depending on your specific requirement.

2. Identify the condition of the objects out of that object type you want to report on. You want a report over all database entries? Then it would be appropriate to do that using a SQL Collection. You want just a certain amount of objects? Might be a SQL Collection as well. You want to report on an specific object? Use the object query module. You want to report on up to n objects including history? Use the History of Objects module.

3. Identify the variables of your import (might be in conjunction with 2 as the variables might be part of your condition) and define those

4. Design your report in the nearly-WYSIWYG editor.

You'll see, there are too mucvh moving targets to provide a "Go Here, Click this and that, make this change here, validate there and your report is ready"-documentation or manual. This is really completely up to your specific requirement.

As far as i do understand your overall requirement, the report wouldn't be a part of the workflow at all. It would be an output on all attestations after those are done or whenever which might be pulled by whomever in whatever interface. You're next challenge might be the report distribution as there are also various ways to do that. The recommended way would be report subscriptions as mentioned by Geraldine before.

HTH

Carsten

Children
No Data