This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Custom workflow - email user random generated password

Hello guys,

I have just recently installed One Identity Password Manager version 5.7.0.1525 in our test-environment. We see that the existing workflows can not apply to our situation, and need to create a new simple custom workflow. We are looking for a self-selvice portal for our users where they simply can reset their password.

The workflow should consist of a user searching after his AD-user and then choose the custom workflow "Password email reset" workflow, a random generated password is set on the user account in AD (in addition: "user must change password at next logon" is checked), and an email is sent to the user with the password.

The best would be to email the user a link which he then access and set a new password - like the way facebook, gmail, etc do it. Is this possible? :)

Best regards

Bilal

Parents
  • Using a token for authentication would involve implementing a secure portal, as well as an API to tie into it. This is beyond the scope of the Password Manager solution, and I do not have any sample code which may help.

We strongly recommend not emailing a password, so I don't have sample code for that, either. But an alternate solution which may meet your needs is to email a PIN.

1) The User logs into the Password Manager portal, finds their Active Directory account, and triggers a Workflow.
    2) The Workflow would retrieve the User's Production email address which is stored in an attribute on the linked account in the test environment.
    3) The Workflow sends an email to this User's Production email address. The email contains a PIN, which the User would retrieve and enter into the Password Manager portal.
    4) The User resets their password.

This would be similar to the passcode samples which are included with the Password Manager installation media in the SDK.
  • Using a token for authentication would involve implementing a secure portal, as well as an API to tie into it. This is beyond the scope of the Password Manager solution, and I do not have any sample code which may help.

We strongly recommend not emailing a password, so I don't have sample code for that, either. But an alternate solution which may meet your needs is to email a PIN.

1) The User logs into the Password Manager portal, finds their Active Directory account, and triggers a Workflow.
    2) The Workflow would retrieve the User's Production email address which is stored in an attribute on the linked account in the test environment.
    3) The Workflow sends an email to this User's Production email address. The email contains a PIN, which the User would retrieve and enter into the Password Manager portal.
    4) The User resets their password.

This would be similar to the passcode samples which are included with the Password Manager installation media in the SDK.
Children
No Data