This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Custom workflow - email user random generated password

Hello guys,

I have just recently installed One Identity Password Manager version 5.7.0.1525 in our test-environment. We see that the existing workflows can not apply to our situation, and need to create a new simple custom workflow. We are looking for a self-selvice portal for our users where they simply can reset their password.

The workflow should consist of a user searching after his AD-user and then choose the custom workflow "Password email reset" workflow, a random generated password is set on the user account in AD (in addition: "user must change password at next logon" is checked), and an email is sent to the user with the password.

The best would be to email the user a link which he then access and set a new password - like the way facebook, gmail, etc do it. Is this possible? :)

Best regards

Bilal

Parents
  • In the sample, the script was tying into a custom web service which accepted a Domain FQDN. This is for the purposes of extensibility. In your use case, your Users will always be in the same Domain, so you don't need to capture this. Just hard-code it, and then use the documented methods.

I'm sorry, but implementing this in my lab and presenting you with a completed solution is outside of the scope of my support. If you require assistance with implementing a custom solution, I suggest that you engage our Professional Services Team.

You can also post your code here and seek feedback.
  • In the sample, the script was tying into a custom web service which accepted a Domain FQDN. This is for the purposes of extensibility. In your use case, your Users will always be in the same Domain, so you don't need to capture this. Just hard-code it, and then use the documented methods.

I'm sorry, but implementing this in my lab and presenting you with a completed solution is outside of the scope of my support. If you require assistance with implementing a custom solution, I suggest that you engage our Professional Services Team.

You can also post your code here and seek feedback.
Children
No Data