Remote Desktop background disabled on Server 2016

Hi all,

I want to get BGInfo set up on some of my servers, so I can quickly see which server I'm controlling when I've got multiple sessions open through Safeguard. Currently Safeguard seems to disable all desktop backgrounds by default. Is there a way to change the settings so it doesn't disable desktop backgrounds?

Thanks

Gareth

Parents
  • I agree that this is a total pain - the RDP file that is downloaded in the background has wallpaper disabled for some unknown reason.  I believe they are looking to enable desktop wallpaper in a future release.

We have had to come up with our own solution using Powershell to display the computer name in a separate window

Not ideal but there are no other options at the moment

• Just in case anyone comes across this post about the same issue, this has been updated in SPS 2.10 to change the 'experience' option to 'detect connection quality automatically'.

In practice this means that the server deskop background *will* now be displayed if the connection is fast enough (which it usually is)

• Just in case anyone comes across this post about the same issue, this has been updated in SPS 2.10 to change the 'experience' option to 'detect connection quality automatically'.

In practice this means that the server deskop background *will* now be displayed if the connection is fast enough (which it usually is)

Children
No Data