Saved object properties in workflow

Hi,

Does anyone know if its possible to have two saved object properties in a single workflow. 

To give context, the first saved object is configured for "Workflow target" (i.e. the user) and targets email address, company etc. 

The second saved object is configured for "Manager of workflow target" and targets the users managers email address etc. 

The reason for trying to get both saved objects into a workflow is so that we can get a user, convert their mailbox to shared (exchange online) and then give their manager full access. 

Thanks in advance.

• You can save as many properties as you want and then refer to them later.

Think of that workflow Activity as an object itself with as many properties as you want.

Conceptually:

Activity:  My Saved Object Properties, Property:  Property1

Activity:  My Saved Object Properties, Property:  Property2

Activity:  My Saved Object Properties, Property:  Property3

Having said that, I've never tried to reference a saved object property in a notification activity.  I don't think you can do that because saved object properties are not one of the available "classes" that you can reference as far as  I know.

You can use/reference a saved property from a script activity though...

Using my example above:

$Property1Contents = $Workflow.SavedObjectProperties("My Saved Object Properties").get("Property1")

• Hi Johnny,

thanks for the reply.

if you have two separate saved properties, say userdetails and managerdetails and you want to reference the email address from userdetails and manager name from managerdetails are you able replicate that in your script example with it working? 

• For testing I created the below workflow

The Activity target for "User Details" is the Workflow Target

The Activity target for "Manager Details" is the Manager property of the "User Details" saved object properties

I've also set start conditions to be any modification (but you can filter as you'd like), but I did include a filter condition, so that mail and manager have to be populated

I added a report section purely for testing, the below the output from a test

Within the Notification Message tab of the activity

You can reference Saved Object Properties in a notification task, when cliking modify to customize the message

#

You can insert a Saved Object Properties token, then select from any available within the current workflow

Hope that helps