Web Portal - AD Authentication for employees

Dear fellow experts,

Just need some pointers for my use case and I was hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I have Employees (Person Objects) who have ADSAccount linked to them. I would like them to authenticate to the Web Portal using their AD authentication. I know this can be achieved but I'm not sure where the configurations are in order to enable them.

I've enabled the Authentication module "Active Directory user account (manual input)," under Base data in Designer,  but I don't see an option for it on the web portal. I do see it on the Application Server login though, but I need it for the web portal.

When I try to logging in using AD credentials I get an error saying "Wrong username or password" and the logs says "Authenticating session using RoleBasedPerson" so clearly it's using the wrong authentication module. How do get this changed?

Can someone guide or point me in the right direction so that employees can login using their AD credentials on the Web Portal?

Version: 8.1.

Regards,

Parents
  • Just to confirm you don't want to use single sign on correct? What you need to do is on the Identity Manager web host navigate to the Inetpub folder, it is usually on the root of the C drive. Once inside the directory click on wwwroot and you should then see a directory called IdentityManager or whatever you have named your portal. Once you open that directory click on the bin directory and look for webdesignerconfigfileeditor.exe. You will need to login using a system user and once logged in click on web project and select the type of authentication you want from the drop down box see the screen shot. Once changed make sure you click on File in the top left hand corner and select save. As you can see from my screen shot I have AD auth role based setup with SSO.

• Just to confirm you don't want to use single sign on correct? What you need to do is on the Identity Manager web host navigate to the Inetpub folder, it is usually on the root of the C drive. Once inside the directory click on wwwroot and you should then see a directory called IdentityManager or whatever you have named your portal. Once you open that directory click on the bin directory and look for webdesignerconfigfileeditor.exe. You will need to login using a system user and once logged in click on web project and select the type of authentication you want from the drop down box see the screen shot. Once changed make sure you click on File in the top left hand corner and select save. As you can see from my screen shot I have AD auth role based setup with SSO.

Children