This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Declaring the HistoryDb

I have been looking into configuring an archiving solution for our Q1IM 6.0.2 implementation to aid in the rapidly expanding history information that is filling the database.  Currently our jobhistory table has surpassed 10 million rows and I believe it is affecting performance as we are seeing an uptick in the table reindexing associated with the vid_CommonDailyJobs.

The documentation for the historydb, particularly "Declaring the HistoryDB" does not seem right.

Declaring the Source Database in the History Database

Declare the Identity Manager database to be used for transferring data to the history database. Enter

the access data for the Identity Manager database in the HistoryDB Manager in <Base data>\<Source

databases> in the category <History>. This being:

The HistoryDB was installed on the same SQL server as the existing Q1IM database to ensure no issue with data transfer however the HistoryDB Manager tool in the software stack looks to be an Identical version of Manager with some small differences that indicate it is related to the HistoryDB tool.  There is no readily veiwable section for <Base data>\<Source  databases> in the category <History> in the HistoryDB Manager tool or in Designer where base data would naturally assume to be.  Has anyone seen this or is the spot for HistoryDB declaration moved/renamed in 6.0.2?

HistoryDB Manager.jpg

• Hi Kevin,

the connected database in your screenshot is not a history database but a regular Q1IM database.

I think you've used the wrong migration package for the installation of the HDB.

For the Q1IM installation you have to use this:

HDB-01.jpg

For the HDB installation this:

HDB-02.jpg

Best regards,

Steffen

• Hi steffen,

I have some questions about HDB I think you can help me.

Firts one is:

Main database and HDB service have to be pointing to FOLDER\viNetworkService.exe ? I mean,

HDB: C:\Program Files\Dell\One Identity Manager HDB Service\viNetworkService.exe (There is another service called HDBservice.exe, i dont know if it is HDB service has to be pointing to HDBservice or viNetworkService)

Main database: C:\Program Files\Dell\One Identity Manager\viNetworkService.exe

Second one:

We can export data from 1IM database to HDB, we see data on dialogwatchoperation, historyjob.... and after the exportationg, the tables on main database are empty. But we can not see nothing on HDB Manager. I think that the connection with sourcedatabase is right, do you know what is our problems?

Thank you