This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can requester, recipient and approver change input parameters once the request is raised?

Hi,

I checked in the ITshop and understood that it is not possible to change input parameters of the request once the request is raised. But is it possible to customize this functionality so that requester, recipient can change input parameters of the request when the request is yet to be approved?

• What is your use case?
    Which parameters do you want to change?

For the Approver this is done a couple of times.
  • My use case is as below
    1. Request to be raised needs 3 input parameters lets say x, y and z (Request property defined for this request has 3 inputs required)
    2. User raises a request but later he realizes that input parameter y (lets say it was his last name) which he had passed was not correct and he wants to change it.
    How he will change this input parameter now?
    For approver also I could see that only "valid from" and "valid till" fields are editable
  • You can easily allow approvers to change the parameters if you select the checkbox Editable for approver on your request properties.

By default, the requester and the recipient cannot change the parameters. What would you do if you have a 2 step approval workflow and the recipient decides after the 1 approver level as decided that he changes an important parameter the approver has based his decision on?

• Agree with Markus.
    In the Web Portal you may need your own Product Editors for your special product to change. support.oneidentity.com/.../22
  • Hi Markus, 

Requester should be only allowed to edit details before any approval. in case of 2 step approval if request is approved at level 1 then only 2nd approver  should be able to edit it, not the requester or 1st level approver.

In this case, shall we able to achieve via configuration changes.     As per your update it will be editable only to current approver in request.

• It works as described ootb. If you need a different behavior you have to follow the post from Geraldine Hopf.