How can i increase character length of "Reason" field when submitting the Request in ITSHOP?

Hello Experts,

We have a need to expand the character limit on the "Reason" Field to accomodate additional notes for the users to put in the requests.  Where can i find this?  i tried looking in to Web Designer but was not able to find it.... i did find the VI_ITShop_Approvals but nothing that pertains to the Character limit.

All your help is greatly appreciated.

TY

Parents
  • It strongly advised against extending the length of the reason field as your extension would be overwritten, the next time you apply a service pack or newer version of the product.

Which version are you using? In the current 8.1, the length of the reason field is already 2GB. This should be enough.

• Hey Markus,

We are using 8.0.1.  We have a free form request that users can use to submit a complex request and add details in the Reason Field.  This particular request has about 2000 characters and when we paste it in the field, it keeps saying "Reason field cannot be Empty".  it seems like it doesn't recognize it.  if you were to type in a quick 15-20 characters it works.

• Hey Markus,

We are using 8.0.1.  We have a free form request that users can use to submit a complex request and add details in the Reason Field.  This particular request has about 2000 characters and when we paste it in the field, it keeps saying "Reason field cannot be Empty".  it seems like it doesn't recognize it.  if you were to type in a quick 15-20 characters it works.

Children