Digital transformation is a fast-growing reality in business. Results of a recent global survey reveal that security is often seen as a barrier to digital transformation. Due to this perception, IT security teams can be brought in too late to make a meaningful impact. However, survey respondents recognized that IT security, when included early in the planning process, can serve as enablers in helping the business adopt digital technologies.
Read the complete survey to get valuable insights from your colleagues around the world. A sampling of responses include:
- 97 percent of respondents say they’re investing in digital technologies to transform their business
- 75 percent say the need to increase employee productivity is the driving force behind digital transformation initiatives, while 67 percent cite business growth
- Only 18 percent of respondents say security has been involved in all mobile, IoT, cloud and self-service initiatives
- 85 percent say IT security should be included earlier in digital transformation projects
- More than 90 percent believe IT security can be a business enabler