This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is it possible to link a workflow to a managed unit so that it only acts on objects in the managed unit?

I have a manged unit that contains users that have not yet been synchronized to the O365 cloud. This based on a query of attributes 'vapso_associationstrguid_mailbox', 'vapso_cloudsyncstatus', 'vapso_cloudupdaterequired' & 'edsvaFirstEmailAddressUpdatedWorkday'. The purpose of the managed unit and Workflow/Script policy is to enable me to update the user's 'mail' attribute to the HR system once the user has been provisioned to the cloud or after a user request to change there email address.

I want to use a workflow (or other means) to inspect this managed unit and do the following:

1 For each user, set the 'edsvaFirstEmailAddress' attribute to the current value of the 'mail' attribute;

2 For each user, set the 'edsvaFirstEmailAddressUpdatedWorkday' to true. This is so that it then drops out of the managed unit.

I can mange the powershell script to carry out steps one and two above.

What I don't know is how I create a workflow and and then link it to the managed unit so that it only touches objects therein.

How do I do that please?

Or is it not possible to link a workflow to a managed unit?