Synchronization Editor prompts for Client Secret and Grant type in Target System (Starling connect)

Hi Experts,

We tried to configure a Starling Connector with ServiceNow. The configuration in Starling Connect and Identity Manager is done. When we tried to hit the "Target System: in the Synchronization Editor again, it prompts for client secret (Base64) and Grant type. It said "Cross-Domain Identity Management (ServiceNow - Connect) still contains encrypted values. These could not be decrypted when the synchronization project was loaded" We tried every combination but none is working. Could anyone shed some lights to us on what I should fill in? Thank you.

Ronald

Parents
  • After days after days trial and error, finally I got it work

The "Client secret" is not the client secrets from Starling or anywhere else. It is actually the APIKey from Designer > Configuration Parameters  > QER\Persons\Starling\ApiKey. Get the plain value and encode with base64.

Then the "Grant Type" is what   mentioned, which is "ClientCredentials" without underscore or space.

Thank you so much for those giving suggestions!

• I'm glad you solved it!  I did not know that you had done a Starling Join with your Identity Manager implementation and used the Starling Connect Connector.  My assumptions was that you used the SCIM Connector from the Sync Editor without Starling Join.  That's good to know for next time.  

• I'm glad you solved it!  I did not know that you had done a Starling Join with your Identity Manager implementation and used the Starling Connect Connector.  My assumptions was that you used the SCIM Connector from the Sync Editor without Starling Join.  That's good to know for next time.  

Children
No Data