Synchronization Editor prompts for Client Secret and Grant type in Target System (Starling connect)

Hi Experts,

We tried to configure a Starling Connector with ServiceNow. The configuration in Starling Connect and Identity Manager is done. When we tried to hit the "Target System: in the Synchronization Editor again, it prompts for client secret (Base64) and Grant type. It said "Cross-Domain Identity Management (ServiceNow - Connect) still contains encrypted values. These could not be decrypted when the synchronization project was loaded" We tried every combination but none is working. Could anyone shed some lights to us on what I should fill in? Thank you.

Ronald

Parents
  • What version of Identity Manager are you using? What this tells me is that you have an encrypted database and these variables will never be decrypted by the synchronization editor, you will need to input these credentials each time you want to access these.

You will need to enter the client secret in base64 format, I usually leave the Grant type empty which usually works for me.

• Hi Troy, thank you for your reply

We are using version 8.1.5. I copied the client secret from the Starling connect page again with the both the plaintext (both hyphenated xxxx-xxxx-xxx-xxx-xxxxxx and without the hyphens xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) and the base64 one, but no luck at all. Also tried with empty Grant type or "client_credentials", still no luck.

• The "Client secret" has to be in Base64 when you have encryption turned on.

1. Copy the client secret from Starling Connect, and use this page to convert it to Base64: https://www.base64encode.org/

2. Copy the Base64 value and put it in the "Client secret (Base64)" field.

3. For "Grant type" it has to be "Client credentials"  You cannot leave it blank.

Like Troy said, you will have to input this every time you open the Sync Editor.

• Thank you for your suggestions.

Actually, I tried all these combinations and they all do not work

Client Secret Grant Type
    xxxx-xxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx (plaintext with dashes) Client credentials
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (plaintext without dashes) Client credentials
    yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy (base64, encode the secret with dashes) Client credentials
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (base64, encode the secret without dashes) Client credentials
    xxxx-xxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx (plaintext with dashes) client_credentials
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (plaintext without dashes) client_credentials
    yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy (base64, encode the secret with dashes) client_credentials
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (base64, encode the secret without dashes) client_credentials
  • Thank you for your suggestions.

Actually, I tried all these combinations and they all do not work

Client Secret Grant Type
    xxxx-xxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx (plaintext with dashes) Client credentials
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (plaintext without dashes) Client credentials
    yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy (base64, encode the secret with dashes) Client credentials
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (base64, encode the secret without dashes) Client credentials
    xxxx-xxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx (plaintext with dashes) client_credentials
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (plaintext without dashes) client_credentials
    yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy (base64, encode the secret with dashes) client_credentials
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (base64, encode the secret without dashes) client_credentials
Children
No Data